Wednesday 15 December 2010

Watching the Detectives: Agent Kimball Cho

I love 'The Mentalist' but fun as it is to watch Patrick Jane playing his mind games or sparring with Agent Lisbon I always find myself waiting for the scene where Agent Cho sits down in an interview room and tears a suspect limb from limb - metaphorically of course.

Actor Tim Kang plays Cho as a solid brick of a character, not inscrutable but completely self-contained. A man, you feel, who sets himself goals and then reaches them by following the most straight-forward route available.

I live in fear that an executive somewhere will feel that the character needs to be 'developed' at some point. More Cho, yes please, diluted Cho, no thanks - an episode composed entirely of one interrogation - I could go for that.

No comments: